SGP Nikon Z 7 support

I just installed SGP to use with my Nikon Z 7. Unfortunately, the Z 7 is not among the list of supported cameras and SGP will not connect to the camera via USB. I have successfully connected APT the camera, so I know it’s not an issue with my laptop, cables, etc. My OS is Windows 10 Professional.

Are there plans to support the Z 7 in the future?

I’ve blindly added the files needed to support them, but as I don’t have one I cannot test. So the next version will at least try and support the Z 50, Z 6 and Z 7 but I can’t make any guarantees there.

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks for the reply. I’ll look forward to trying it when the next version comes out. I can imagine how difficult it would be to add support for a camera you don’t have access to, so I certainly appreciate your efforts. Too bad I don’t live closer to you so you could borrow mine. :smiley:

Hi Jared,
Any news since end of Feb.?
It’s just because I’ve got a Nikon Z7 and I want to use it with SGP sometimes. It connect without any problems and takes the settings from SGP but it doesn’t take any pictures and store it on inside card or PC. Other software does the job (e.g. BachyardNikon etc.)
I guess I tried all possible settings, but you never now.

Cheers,
Peter

Released it this evening … I forgot to add the Z50, Z 6, and Z 7 to the release notes…but they should be in there. Unfortunately un tested so if you run into errors please post logs.

Thank you,
Jared

Well, it looks the same with my Nikon Z7 like before. SGP recognise the camera, I can connect, I can change ISO and set time, it looks fine. No errors. But no shutter release. Folders are created by SGP in the directory I want … but empty. I tried all three file possibilities. I put the camera in silent release and bulb (other option “time” I tried as well. OK, its hard to test when you have no camera.
Please be aware I am running Windows 10 Pro on latest version of Parallels Desktop (MacBookPro 21018) and on an other MacBook with BootCamp and Windows 10 Pro. mostly via Microsoft remote desktop.
Interestingly Windows Devise Manager show Z7 as mobile devise not under a COM port, anyway, I think SGP connects the camera. As said last time BackyardNikon can set time, aperture and ISO. Please let me know if you need more details.

Cheers
Peter

Hi Jared,
I tried again with todays update of SGP and I want to give some more information attaching log files. (I am not a computer gig ;-). I also did Windows 10 update. I only want to test the camera, one is Nikon Z7 -not working yet- and ASI178MM -working perfect-. I did not configure a real session, it’s only to take a picture with the camera.
Cheers,
Peter

ups … I can not attach txt log files

Maybe this works:

With Sequence Generator 3.1.0.539 my Nikon Z7 works fine. I get RAW and FITS on my local drive and RAW at camera card. (It’s just a quick test :))
Great JOB. Thanks.

Peter

and RAW at camera card !!! Sorry, it does not store on camera card. It was a photo from other test :wink: