SGP will not open at all

Can you explain that for a numpty Joel? I have the command prompt open, but I don’t know how you navigate with it… what do you type?

At the command prompt type:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Sequence Generator

Then hit enter.

After that, type:
“Sequence Generator.exe” /reset

then hit enter.

Brilliant Joel… thanks for explaining that… it has worked… thanks :slight_smile:

That’s GREAT!!!

I have the same problem with SGP and Window 10.
I’m running 2.6.1.114 Win 10 laptop

Maxim DL 6.## runs
PHD2 runs
Backyard Nikon runs
I’ve tried un / re installing SGP, rebooting, tried your fix above for Sara

All I get when I click on SGP is a small bull circle that does a couple of twirls twice then nowt
Help please

You may want to reset SGP:

http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SGProWontStart.html

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared - I tried that and it didn’t work (for me) although it worked for Swag72.
I’ve now upgraded to v3.### which appears to be working fine.
Francis

I am running Windows 8.1 on a 64 bit Toshiba Satellite machine. I had been using SGP 3.1.0.433 and it was running just fine until today. But now it won’t open at all. When I click the icon it does nothing. I am not sure where the log file is located.
When I use the DOS command line and enter the directory, I see the exe file in the folder, but when I type it out on the command line I get the message that the file doesn’t exist. Strange that it can’t recognize it since it is definitely listed in the directory as a valid executable file. I have just downloaded and installed SGP 3.1.0.454 and it does the same thing as the earlier version. I have tried shutting down the machine and restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing helps. What can be done to recover?

SP

I don’t know for sure, but there are some things to try. Let’s see if we can get some more data first.

Are you clicking a windows “Shortcut” icon or are you actually double-clicking the icon for the exe file?

Maybe this is because the exe has a “space” character in it. Try using it with quotes.

You can get to log files by going to:

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator

Note that the “AppData” folder is hidden so you will need to ask windows file explorer to show hidden folders ot type it in manually, Hopefully there is something in the log.

See responses below in red.

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200303134015.log is missing)

We don’t allow logs posted to the forum, but do have a means to get them to us easily. See here:

More information here How to Submit Logs in SGPro - SGPro Support - Main Sequence Software

Support requests go in this category #sequence-generator:sgpro-support

My apologies, but I do not understand the instructions that you pointed me to for getting you the log data. It appears that the instructions are advocating creation of technical assistance requests by use of the help menu in Sequence Generator Pro. I cannot open the software to gain access to that menu. Am I misunderstanding the intention of how to get the log file to you?
My recent email reply to you seems to be recognized and posted here, but there is no content in the posting that I am seeing. Can you confirm tat you got my responses to your recent questions?

You are correct. I respond to so many tech requests that it is just a reflex at this point. Please send to support@mainsequencesoftware.com

@shpellet

Looks like part of your ASCOM install is busted (specifically parts of ASCOM that deal with ephemeris calculations). Try uninstalling ASCOM and then re-installing ASCOM 6.4 SP1. The uninstall part may not be necessary, but I am not sure (sometimes installers skip things if they detect a version of the software is already installed).

1 Like

The ASCOM driver was uninstalled and re-installed. That fixed he problem. Thanks
SP

I had this issue tonight where SGPro suddenly didn’t want to start, and the only change was upgrading the ASCOM platform from 6.3 to 6.4 SP1. So I did the “Repair” option on uninstalling the ASCOM platform, and that worked! SGPro opens once again.

This really helped me.
SGP wouldn’t start, so read I may need to install ASCOM drivers.
Tha fixed the problem and now SGP works just fine.
Thanks.
Regards from Mexico.

Hi, I have a similar problem where I tried to upgrade to the latest version of SGP V2 and it won’t open at all. I tried using the command prompt to reset the exe file as described in this message chain but I just get an invalid command error. I updated to the latest version of ASCOM but SGP still won’t open. Thanks!

You may want to try resetting the SGP directories:

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks Jared. I ended up upgrading to V3 and that worked.