Trouble Running SGP

I have been running SGP for about a year now, and now I’m having trouble running SGP on my windows laptop. I have used this laptop all the time for SGP. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling. It still won’t run. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Miguel

Are you receiving an error? What is happening? What version are you running?

Jared

Hi Jared,
No error message it wont load at all.

So when I click on the SGP icon on my laptop, it doesn’t load.

First off you should check if a log is getting generated to see if there are issues. You can find the logs here:
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator

Next you can try to reset using the following command:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Sequence Generator\Sequence Generator.exe /reset

If that doesn’t work you can get a little more serious:

Jared

Hi Jared,
So I tied what you suggested and it still won’t load. I’m not sure why. I’m at a loss. I didn’t have problems with it loading before.

Miguel

You have ASCOM installed on this machine?

What about .net 4.8?

Did something seem to spur this happening? Did you install a new version of SGP? What version are you trying to run?

Can you send me the SGP log from the location mentioned above?

Jared

Hi Jared,
Yes ASCOM is installed. Not sure about .net 4.8.
Not that am aware of. I had an issue with it not reading my focuser the last time I tried to image. But I troubleshoot that and that got fixed. I’m up in Canada so we have not had many clear nights. Last night I just wanted to set up a sequence and when I clicked on the icon it did not open. I’m not sure what version is running. I’m away from my laptop at the moment but I’ll send you what you need in a few minutes.

Miguel

Hi Jared,
Here is the latest log generated earlier today.
[01/27/21 11:41:27.512][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] .NET Framework Version: 4.8
[01/27/21 11:41:27.616][DEBUG][Unknown][NONE] Application level exception! : Unable to open ephemeris file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ASCOM\Astrometry\JPLEPH, RC: 1
at ASCOM.Astrometry.NOVAS.NOVAS31…ctor() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Astrometry\ASCOM.Astrometry\NOVAS31.vb:line 107
at ASCOM.Astrometry.AstroUtils.AstroUtils.InitialiseAstroUtils() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Astrometry\ASCOM.Astrometry\AstroUtils.vb:line 46
at ASCOM.Astrometry.AstroUtils.AstroUtils…ctor() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Astrometry\ASCOM.Astrometry\AstroUtils.vb:line 35
at SequenceGenerator.Astrometry.d()
at te.a(String[] A_0)
Let me know if you need anything else.
Miguel

Might try reinstalling ASCOM or repairing ASCOM. Do you know what version you have installed?

Jared

ASCOM version 6.5.1

Just ran an ASCOM diagnostics and nothing failed. Do you want the log it generated?

Miguel

You should try reinstalling or repairing.

Jared

ASCOM Drivers?

Hi Jared,
I reinstalled the ASCOM and that seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for all your help.

Miguel

Make sure ASCOM is installed, SGP won’t even start without.
I’ve had that issue,
I reinstalled ASCOM and all was fine,

Darren.

Hi Darren,

Thank you for the information. Yes I had to reinstall ASCOM, no more issues.

Thanks,
Miguel

No worries. :+1: