Two systems...one PC

Hi all, I’m very new to SGP, month or so but bought it because it controls all my equipment well and auto focuses (main reason I went for this software). I also know that you can have two instances open so presumably you can control two setups. Well I have two setups but they both use Celestron mounts…AVX and CGEM. I also have two guide scopes, both the ZWO 120 minis. How does SGP know which is which as they are the same? Or am I asking too much? TIA Alex

Hi Alex,
which make of main cameras are you using? If you’re using ASI cameras, then it won’t work as you can currently have only two ASI drivers open at the same time.

This is not a SGP limitation, but rather one by ZWO ASI. I know this from experimenting with two ASI guiding cameras, a ASI813MMPro and a Moravian camera. It was not possible to run more than 2 ASI drivers.

As for the mounts, if the drivers distinguish between different models, then that should not be a problem, but I don’t have experience with Celestron mounts.

Regards,
Allen

Hi Allen, I have a ZWO and an ATIK for main imaging but then have two ASI120 minis for guiding…this is where I thought the problem would lie. Also there is only one driver for my mounts…again another conflict. I’ll use two laptops for now! But thanks for the input.

Hi Alex,
you could try to run two virtual machines on one laptop. Not entirely sure if that will work though. I have an Intel NUC connected to each setup and control them from my laptop via WiFi and VNC software.

Best of luck and Clear Skies,
Allen