ZWO ASI 1600 Pro Fails to save image to disk

SGP 4.2.0.936
Win 10 64 bit
ASCOM Plastform 6.6.1.3673
ASCOM ASI driver 6.5.13

It seems this is a known issue and I have been trying different suggestions found here on the forum over the past week. It’s happening with both the native ZWO driver and ASCOM. ASCOM seems to run for longer before failing. I have lowering the USB limit set to 40. I thought I had isolated the issue to my laptop as it was occurring on every USB port on the laptop. So I bought a NEW laptop and immediately ran a Bias stress test of 500 frames at 0 sec and it passed with flying colors. So I had it run Darks last night and it unfortunately it locked up on a 30 sec Dark. This appears to be where things went wrong…

[11/27/22 00:48:07.730][DEBUG][Main Thread][SQ;CC;] Adding sequence level notification: (Dark Frame Sequence) Failure while integrating Darks; Event 2; Frame 17 for 30s. Image has not downloaded in alloted time period.
[11/27/22 00:48:07.739][DEBUG][Camera Thread][SQ;CC;] ASCOM Camera Error : Download timeout! Camera has not reported image as ready

It was throwing slightly different errors on my previous laptop - (usually Unable to cast object of type ‘System.Object’ to type 'System.Int32) SGP would always continue running through the sequence even though the images didn’t download. Last night, SGP locked up after the download failed. I can provide a link to the previous laptop logs if if would help. Attached is the log of the issue last night with my new laptop. I have included Word files with the error suspected errors highlighted as well. I’m at a loss. The camera seems the only common denominator at this point so if there isn’t a solution I’m considering sending it back. Should I be looking at another camera? Are there ASI 1600 Pro users out there that are successfully using SGP?

Dark Frame Sequence.sgf (49.2 KB)

You seem to have included logs from Nov 17th and not the 27th. As a note, SGPro makes sharing logs with us easy and we have built in tools to help. See here for more guidance:

Not ignoring your other questions, just want to make sure we look at all of the context surrounding the failure before we do.

Hi Ken. Apologies - It seems I was following an outdated sticky on how to ask for help:

That’s a nifty and more effecient way to report a problem directly through SGP!

I figured out the issue I was having was a problem with my new laptop - not SGP. Once I figured out this obscure PCI Express setting that needed to be changed in Win 11, I haven’t had a single failure while building a dark library for the last couple of days;)

SGP is an amazing program, BTW. I cant imagine how you keep up with everything! It’s trying to get below 0 in eastern Oregon already, so much appreciated;)

1 Like

I have that happen as well. I have changed cables as well as made all of the recommended changes to the USB speed but the only thing that helps is to REBOOT and restart everything.

Yes, it’s certainly a frustrating, seemingly random problem. I’ve been working on a dark frame library and have been running SGP and experimenting with different settings virtually nonstop over the past week with it in a closet. I am having much better luck with my new laptop and a 2 second delay between shots(no idea whether that makes a difference or not) I’ve only had it happen once in the past 5 days running continuously. Strangely, my old laptop would hang up almost immediately with the native ZWO driver, but the new one has had it’s only hang up using the ASCOM driver.